Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First leg of the journey..stateside shopping!
















All of you who know us well, know that shopping is not an activity that our family seeks out. But for anyone living abroad, there's just some things that are really difficult to obtain, so I took advantage of the opportunity to get supplies for the rest of the year.

If you had one afternoon to do some shopping in the States for an ENTIRE YEAR - where would you go?

I dragged my dear brother Rob to Target and REI the first day we flew in LA. I know - Target has raised my political ire as of late, but I had an hour! I stocked up on kids socks, kids tylenol, hydracortisone, lots more earplugs, hairbinders, some t-shirts, underwear, gift wrap for the wedding, 2 containers of maple syrup that just about put me over the airplane weight limit! At REI, I bought travel pants, a new watch, a fleece, a travel dress, running shoes for Gracie, a camera band, etc. I had lists, I had google map directions. Dan had even warned the credit card company that our card would be active back in the States - so they wouldn't just freeze it!

I did my part for boosting the economy and got lots more earplugs to boot! Good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment