Thursday, November 4, 2010

3 Cheers for Dad!


Do you have home improvement projects that you’ve been wanting to tackle forever? We have 11 years of those projects in this 100-year-old house. It’s not that bad, but it’s been tough for these two working parents to keep ahead of the house project list.


Now that I’m done with my work at Joyce Preschool, I’ve turned my attention to getting our family and our house ready for next year. There’s lot to do in preparation and we continue researching living and study options in Chile. As for the house, we are getting it ready to rent in January. I’m happy that my dad, Chuck, is available and is great with home projects. So every week, Chuck and I are doing some of those little projects that have been on the list for awhile- some plaster repair, some paint touch-up, etc.


It’s great. Such satisfying and immediate results! Fixing a couple things up, in addition to decluttering, throwing out, and in general cleaning up the whole house, means that the house will look like we’ve always wanted it to... right before we move out! Thanks for the all the help Dad!

- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment