Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Giving up something...





One of the first lessons of this family journey that we've talked about with the kids is the idea that you can't gain an amazing, new adventure without also giving up some of the things you most love. For the kids that means they will leave classrooms they are thoroughly enjoying, they will say goodbye to family and friends for a year, and won't do some the activities that are traditions in our family; cross country ski league, the 4th of July Parade at Ottertail Lake, our summer trip to the Boundary Waters. For me, it means giving up a job I love.

Tomorrow, Joyce Preschool is hosting a goodbye celebration in my honor. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have worked with such a dedicated group of staff, board members, parents, and community supporters. Together we've made a huge impact in the lives of hundreds of children. There is nothing as important as helping children realize their full educational potential and early education is the key to it all.

Thanks to all the amazing people who comprise the Joyce community. (hoping not to cry throughout the WHOLE evening tomorrow. :-)

2 comments:

  1. dear,laura
    I like hearing that you like your job.I think that if I had that job I would like it to. I think that you were right that we are going to miss our family and friends and our class room
    love grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I speak for everyone in the Joyce community when I say THANK YOU -- we will miss you, too, but we are thrilled that the reason you're leaving is such a great one.

    And nice job not totally crying tonight. :)

    -Laura T.

    ReplyDelete